Choose 5 OTP’s without looking at the questions in the Read More first, then tag.
1. Luke Callaghan / Gail Peck (Rookie Blue)
2. Jake Jagelski and Peyton Sawyer (One Tree Hill)
3. Buffer and Kate (Sea Patrol)
4. Alex Ryan and Claire McLeod (McLeods Daughters)
5. John Young and Astrid Finch (The Tomorrow People)
Most of my friends list have already done this at this stage, so I’m not tagging anyone – if you haven’t done it or just want to do it again with different OTP’s, feel free!!!
1. Do you remember the episode/scene/chapter that you first started shipping 5 (John/Astrid)?
The episode where he saved her from being killed and wound up getting shot himself, and they’re trapped in the storage room and she sings to him…. That sold me on them pretty hard!!
2. Have you ever read fanfiction about 2 (Jake/Peyton)?
Yes I have, but it’s very hard to find good fanfic for One Tree Hill – most of it is Naley (not surprising as they were THE couple of the show!) but an awful lot of people write Peyton with Lucas (again, they were canon so not surprising) but man alive, I hated that ship with the fire of a thousand suns!!
3. If 3 (Buffer/Kate) were to suddenly break up today, what would your reaction be?
Well, they’re not actually together in canon, so it’s really a moot point…. However if they were and they did, I would be devastated and writing all the fix-it fic in the world!!
4. Why is 1 (Luke/Gail) so important?
Ah man, they’re not even canon!! Luke’s not in the show!! So this is, in theory, a hard question to answer. HOWEVER, the reason why I fell for them at the back end of season two is that they were adorably spiky with each other, and I could have watched them do that all season. Plus which (and this is a very unpopular opinion in the RB fandom) I don’t enjoy Sam and Andy, and they were a lovely alternative.
Also, catteo, waltzmatildah and insomniabug write brilliant fic about them!
6. Is 4 (Alex/Claire) a funny ship or a serious ship?
A bit of both really – they were serious, but they also had some lovely comic moments (who can forget a drunken Alex telling Claire he loves her more than his chopper? Though part of the magic of that scene was watching Lisa Chappell try not to break character and laugh!!)
7. Out of all your ships listed, which ship has the most chemistry?
They all do – it’s a tie!! (Seriously, cannot answer that!!)
8. Of all the ships, which ship has the strongest bond?
Alex and Claire, hands down. They’ve known each other all their lives, truly a ride or die bond.
9. How many times have you read/watched 2’s (Jake/Peyton) fandom?
Let’s just say A LOT.
10. Which ship lasted the longest?
I think Alex and Claire…. 3 and a half seasons.
11. How many times, if ever, has 5 (John/Astrid) broken up?
Seeing as their one and only season ended with him being brainwashed by Jedikah and turned back into a stone cold killer, just the once!! (Am still devastated by this!!)
12. If the world was suddenly thrust into a zombie apocalypse, which ship would make it out alive, 1 (Luke/Gail) or 3 (Buffer/Kate)?
Oooh, this is a tough one!! But I’m thinking Buffer and Kate…..
13. Did 4 (Alex/Claire) ever have to hide their relationship for any reason?
Nope, once they FINALLY got together and everyone knew, it was glorious! (Until the ute went over the cliff and all our hearts broke into a million tiny pieces…..)
14. Is 5 (John/Astrid) still together?
In the alternate universe in my head where he never got off the subway train, absolutely!!
16. If all five ships were put into a couple’s Hunger Games, which couple would win?
Luke and Gail. She fights dirty.
17. Has anyone ever tried to sabotage 5’s (John/Astrid) ship?
I don’t think so….
18. Which ship(s) would you defend to the death and beyond?
EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!!!
19. Have you ever spent hours a day going through 3’s (Buffer/Kate) tumblr page?
Sadly they don’t really have a huge tumblr presence (there’s a lot of Mike/Kate) but what I have found is amazing! So the answer to the question that was actually asked is yes…..
20. If an evil witch descended from the sky and told you that you had to pick one of the five ships to break up forever, which ship would you sink?
Oh man, that is evil!! But probably Alex and Claire, seeing as I also liked his relationship with Stevie…..